Trimmingthefat is about strategic eating and exercise. Although the word diet is used throughout this site, the focus is simply how to eat to reach a goal. That may involve keto, paleo, meal balancing or just mindful portion control. It may also entail drastic Calorie intake reductions, but in a way to ensure the reception of necessary nutrients.
This site pairs eating strategies with targeted exercises for specific goals. For example: cardio may be good for general weight loss when overweight. A mix of cardio, resistance, and balance training in a circuit fashion would be perfect for toning. There are numerous combinations that tailor to an individual and his/her goal. Check out the training page here.
Train Improve Your Body Composition
- Dieting and training for lean muscle gain (hypertrophy).
- Home Fitness routines.
- Training for athleticism (football, track, tennis, soccer, gymnastics, etc.)
- Core (abs), gluts, and shape carving training techniques.
There is also my blog that details what losing 150 lbs. looks like, and why today I don’t have huge stretch marks and saggy skin.
What is Losing 150 lbs. Like?
People say it must have been hard losing 150 lbs. Absolutely! But I can say in hindsight that there was way more strategy than lists of things to not eat. And this reality is the basic concept of this site when it comes to weight loss. For example:
- Low carb or ketonegic dieting was great for proven, massive, emergency related weight loss. Obviously ditching carbs isn’t the easiest thing to do. But, being able to consume healthier protein and fats certainly helped. Plus, it is a very specific, measurable diet plan with predictable results.
- Meal replacement shakes were perfect during the toning phase, and to finally be able to eat carbs again. The shakes contained enough protein, nutrients, and carbs to support anaerobic exercises as well as provide general nutrition requirements. They also were low Calorie enough to allow pizza, spaghetti, even a burger for that ‘3rd meal’. That was a win for 30 lbs. or so!
Strategic Eating, Body Composition and Nutrition
The end goal for most, not all, is to develop better eating habits that don’t mirror severe deprivation. For the rest, avoiding meat, frozen food, fast food, dairy, gluten, anything inorganic long-term works.
Balanced meal planning is the solution to such deprivation while supporting our body’s physiology and metabolism. It ensures adequate macronutrient proportions, leaves space for micronutrient inclusion, and allows us to eat pizza without overdoing the whole Calorie thing. This is the premise behind the Trimmingthefat Diet.
Two other benefits that trimmingthefat offers is training tips and dieting how to’s for training. Our diet must support our level of physical activity. Likewise, our desired body composition changes only occur from a combination of strategic eating and targeted training.
What is Your Goal?
Note: For medical related issues, conditions, and concerns, always seek a physician. Diet and fitness will likely improve physical and physiological ailments, but they are not designed to treat them unless otherwise prescribed.
Resources Addressed in this Site
- Sports fitness
- Diabetic and Obesity Health and Weight Loss
- Toning and Body Fat Reduction
- Dieting and Eating Habit Change
- Muscle Gain
TrimmingtheFat Will Also Address:
- Overcoming failed and antiquated dieting attempts
- More modern eating habits that focus on lower carbohydrate, higher protein eating
- Inclusion of everyday foods that actually facilitate fat burning on a molecular level
- Fitness and exercise tips from a National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Trainer
- Tips and Advice that help weight loss without deprivation possible
- Actual body composition changes; burning fat vs. muscle, shaping and toning