Did you know that egg whites alone do not contain the necessary components to maintain or grow lean muscle mass? It may surprise you that our body cannot build or repair muscle tissue from all sources of protein. Only food and food combinations that contain Complete Protein (all essential amino acids are present) can achieve this.
Top 10: Surprising Sources of Complete Protein
- Whole Eggs: The whites alone do not contain the essential amino acids needed for muscle growth.
- Milk and Milk Products: A glass, flavored, in cereal, milk many ways. While Skin and 2% are lower Calorie, they are higher in Sugar
- Sunflower seeds and Peanuts: Also contain healthy fatty acids, fiber, and better Carbs
- Yogurt and Granola: Also good source of Calcium, Probiotics, healthier Carbs, and low Calorie
- Meat and Poultry: Poultry cooked properly can be lower calorie and very high in Complete Protein
- Macaroni and Cheese!: While not the lowest in Calories, this Pasta/Dairy combo pack Essential Protein
- Oatmeal with Milk: High Fiber breakfast combination
- Fish: Can be Lean and Healthy Fat containing
- Rice and Beans: Delicious multi-cultural combination can always contain more beans than rice
- Peanut butter on Whole-Wheat: An already known healthy snack, not all peanut butter contains added sugars