Nutrition meal replacement shakes and smoothies are a quick, healthy way to shed massive pounds. Pure Body Fat. If you choose the right ones, you could up to 5 lbs. in 1 week.
Why Use a Meal Replacement?
Replacing at least 2 of your meals with nutrition shakes or smoothies can safely reduce your meal consumption from 500 to 2,000 Calories daily. That’s huge, and results in quick weight loss. But, isn’t a 2,000 Calorie reduction unhealthy?
It can result in malnutrition under certain circumstances. If you are not morbidly obese and simply trying to lose love handles, for example, this reduction is obscenely unhealthy. However, when obesity related weight gain and eating are the reality, we may be consuming 2,000+ more Calories over our BMR daily.
For Example: You burn 1,400 Calories daily based on your BMR but are consistently consuming 3,500 due to over-eating. A 2,000 Calorie reduction in your diet is more than necessary to even lose weight at a snail’s pace. 3,500 Calories eaten – 2,000 Calories reduced = 1,500 Calories daily. If your BMR is 1,400 Calories burned daily, you are still consuming too much. A meal replacement allows you to reduce egregious and mindless Calorie consumption while sustaining a healthy level of nutrition.
An optimal meal replacement must be fortified. This allows adequate nutrition even with minimal Calorie consumption. In one serving, you will satisfy a healthy chunk of your daily protein, fiber, healthy carb, calcium, vitamins and other mineral requirements. This fortification also helps you lose body fat while preserving your lean muscle mass
5 Keys to Choose the Right Meal Replacements
Note: Pure Protein Powder has no other nutritional value so does not serve as a meal replacement. It is a protein supplement.
Again, the goal in choosing the best meal replacement for quick, healthy weight loss is to get the most nutrition per Calorie content. That way you can safely reduce daily Calorie consumption to burn body fat; while getting the protein, fiber, and nutrients required to remain and look healthy. Essentially, you are avoiding shakes and smoothies that have a lot of empty Calories.
3 Basic Meal Replacement Requirements For Weight Loss
- Under 300 Calories per serving. The best nutrition meal replacement for weight loss will have minimal Calories with maximum nutrition. That is the requirement for quick weight loss that is also healthy (see optimal nutrition meal replacement examples below). A shake, powder, or smoothie that is balanced. It is protein rich, low in carbs/sugar, some fat, and fortified with vitamins and minerals will generally be less than 300 Calories per serving.
- ≥ 12g Protein Per Serving. Adequate protein (not excessive protein) is key for any meal, any goal. Meal Replacements are protein rich to facilitate fat burning, macronutrient balance, and to help ensure body fat loss vs. muscle atrophy
- Under 25 grams carbs, 10 grams sugar. High carbohydrate meal replacements shakes are for those who seek to pack on muscle or gain weight. They are anabolic in nature
3 Other Important Requirements
- At Least 15% Daily Calcium Per Serving. These are meal replacements, not supplements. That means they should contain enough calcium for bone strength and to help prevent bone tissue atrophy and other degenerative bone issues.
- At least 4g Dietary Fiber Per Serving. Fiber is essential for satiety, regularity, heart health, and facilitating a faster metabolism as they cause the carbs they are attached to to be lower glycemic
- At Least 25% Other Vitamins and Minerals Per Serving. This makes them nutritious meals and not just protein supplements.
The Easiest Way To Lose Weight Quickly With Your Meal Replacements
Whether it is Slimfast Advanced, Visalus, LeanBody, or another that meets the nutrition requirements, follow these 3 easy steps to accomplish your weight loss goal:
- Prepare one serving as specified or prepare to consume 1 serving if the shake/smoothie comes pre-made.
- Replace any 2 meals, usually breakfast or lunch are the easiest.
- Incorporate a protein snack such as a protein bar or a serving of nuts between lunch and dinner.
- Eat a balanced meal, usually best for dinner. First, calculate your BMR to set a Calorie target for your dinner.
- Eat another protein snack after dinner to prevent: Having to eat too carb heavy of a dinner. And, keep your metabolism (catabolism) sped up.
Note: Choosing protein bars follow the same guidelines as protein shakes. Choose those that are under 250 Calories and lower in carbs/sugar. High Calorie, high carb protein bars are for weight gain.
Sample Fast Weight Loss Daily Meal Plan
If your BMR is 1,800 Calories/day and you want to attempt a 1,200 Calorie diet using meal nutrition meal replacements:
Breakfast: 200 Calorie nutrition shake or smoothie
Lunch: 200 Calorie nutrition shake or smoothie
Snack: 200 Calorie nutrition shake or smoothie
Dinner: 400 Calorie well balanced meal
After-dinner Snack: 200 Calorie protein snack or nuts
Total: 1,200 Calories, ≈ 75 grams protein divided over 5 meals
Choosing the right meal replacements is 2/3 of the process. The ‘flexible’ meal should not be too Calorie dense and high in simple carbs. It should be protein rich and balanced. For how to choose this meal, Click: