So what about those of us who don’t always have time to prepare meals? We work hard and often need something quick and easy, filling, tasty, and still fits into our regimen. Thankfully, we are living in a health and weight conscious era so there are plenty of options for us.
Outside of whether it looks like something I will actually like or will it satisfy my hunger at least a little, there are 5 things I look for in the frozen food section:
- Overall calorie content
- Amount of protein
- Amount and types of carbs
- Vegetables and or other nutrients
- * Excessively high sodium
*Sodium is a big deal, but doesn’t affect everyone the same . I know people who avoid salt, then end up binging on seriously unhealthy food due to flavor deprivation. I season my food, but I drink a lot of water. I still lose weight and my blood pressure is under control, especially with exercise.
- Only 270 calories
- Over 20g essential protein
- Only 9g fat and 27g carbs
- Only 27g carbs and 9g fat
- Full of roasted peppers, veggies, and potatoes
- Delicious and hearty!!