Steps to Lose Weight on the Low Carb Diet
- Find Your BMR. This isn’t to count Calories. It will give you mindful awareness of your consumption. Click HERE to find your BMR
- This is so unofficial, but even more real. Get your carb cravings out and set a date to truly start this diet.
- Go shopping based on allowed foods in the Low Carb Diet Guide
- Buy your ketone test strips
- Start on the proven and effective ketogenic diet
- Meal Suggestions? Click here
- See below for general things that can be eaten
- For the first 2 weeks of this diet plan, you are allowed up to 22g net carbs per day. ‘Net’ means you subtract fiber from the total amount of carbs listed on a nutrition label because fiber is not digested like a regular carb. For example, if a bell pepper has 6g carbs and 2 of those are fiber, then it has 4g net carbs.
With that being said, regardless of the amount of carbs, this is a list of food and ingredients you must avoid:
Brown, white, pop (soda), fruit, candy, gum (unless its sugar-free) , juice, punch, pastries, pies, cakes. BASICALLY anything sweet that isn’t diet
Macaroni, spaghetti, lasagna etc..
No potatoes, chips, no white vegetables ( i.e. cauliflower). No vegetables that aren’t green with the exception of carrots in small amounts and tomatoes. Onions can also be consumed in small amounts as in a few cut up pieces in an omelet. Corn
No breads, white, wheat, Italian, potato, buns, crackers, muffins, biscuits, bagels, etc.
Non breaded or floured chicken, turkey, ham, beef, pork, bacon, fish. Sausages and other processed meats are allowed but check label for carb content (remember under 22g per day). Eggs, egg whites, and egg substitute.
This diet DOES NOT restrict fat consumption. Within reason, consume butter, oil, cheese, pork skins, cream, sour cream, mayo, and dressings, (check label b/c certain ranches have a lot of sugar)
All green veggies (lettuce, green beans, greens, cucumber etc.), pickles, tomatoes in moderate amounts, onions, peas, (corn and carrots in small amounts)
Mustard, mayo, ketchup, hot sauce, (BBQ sauces and relish in small amounts, pay attention to sugar content), salsa
- NO NUTS OR BEANS OF ANY KIND
YOU HAVE TO INCORPORATE VEGETABLES EVERY DAY TO REMAIN HEALTHY
YOU HAVE TO DRINK TONS OF WATER
IT WOULD HELP TO TAKE A MEN’S ONE A DAY VITAMIN
Omelets ( with meat, diced veggies, and cheese)
- Egg Salad
- Boiled Eggs
- Shrimp (Cooked, Shrinp Scampi, Shrimp with Cocktail Sauce)
- Pork and Beef Roasts without gravy or potatoes
- Buffalo Wings (Lemon Pepper, Cajun, any non-sweet sauce and not fried with flour)
Eggs with bacon or sausage
- Ranch, caesar, or Italian salads, without crouton, with bacon bits, diced eggs, cheese, tomato, cucumber, chicken, fish, shrimp, etc
- Broccoli and cheese
- Pork rinds
- Meat and veggies in any combination
- Mexican salads ( meat, salsa, guacamole, lettuce, cheese, (sour cream and corn in extreme small amounts)
- Stir fry without rice or noodles
- Veggies and dip
- Chicken marsala or in any sauce without a starchy side and as long as it isn’t breaded or dredged in flower
- Patty melts without the bun
- Shrimp with cocktail sauce